and any other websites that we own or operate), our mobile applications, our application program interface(s), our design tool services, and our related online and offline offerings (collectively, the “Services”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
Payment Information. We may sell services or merchandise through our Services. When you make purchases through the Services, we may process your payments through a third-party application, such as the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store, social networking sites such as Facebook, and/or payment processing services such as CloudPayments. The third-party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Duplicat, including your name, email address, address, payment card information, and other billing information. Duplicat does not store or receive your payment information, but it may store and receive information associated with your payment information (e.g., your billing details).
Your Communications with Us.We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include personal information.
Interactive Features.We may offer interactive features such as collaboration tools, tagging functionalities, forums, blogs, social media pages and the ability to react, follow, observe in real-time and comment on users’ content. We, and others who use our Services, may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any content you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public” and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. By using these interactive features, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for their own purposes.
Customer Service, Training and Quality Assurance.If you call or otherwise interact with Duplicat’s customer service and support, we may collect the information you provide to our representatives. In addition, we may record telephone calls or video conferences between you and our representatives for training or quality assurance purposes.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information about the winners.
Meetups, Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events.We may host or attend meetups, conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Duplicat and/or the Services. If we collect your information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships.We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Job Applications.We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and process the information contained therein to assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for employment with Duplicat.
Information Collected Automatically
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information (including inferred location based off of your IP address), Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and information about how you interact with and use the Services.
We may use a visitor’s IP address to ﬁght spam, malware and identity theft. With your permission, we may also collect information about your operating system’s installed fonts in connection with providing the Services to you. Combined with other system information, this information could be used to give your computer a unique ﬁngerprint/signature and enable us to track your usage of our Services after you log out.
Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Analytics Information.
”) to automatically collect information through the Services. Technologies are essentially small data files placed on your device that allow us and our partners to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons.A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about engagement on the Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect and process analytics information on our Services. For more information about how Google uses data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
. You can opt out of Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data generated by your use of our website by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Information from Other Sources
Duplicat Customers. If you use our Services on behalf of an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may provide us with information about you so that we can provision your account.
Third Party Services and Organizations. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including from third party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party service, we may collect information about you from that third-party service that you have made available via your privacy settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide the Services or Information Requested, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you or the organization on whose behalf you use the Services;
- Managing your information and Account;
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Processing payment card and/or other financial information to facilitate your use of the Services;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
Administrative Purposes, such as:
- Pursuing legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving the Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Carrying out audits;
- Preventing and prosecuting potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforcing our agreements; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use and disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, industry analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities that allow you to share content. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
How We Use Automatic Collection Technologies.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related.We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and we may match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share any personal information we collect with the following categories of third parties:
Other Users of Duplicat’s Services.
When you use the Services, we will share certain information with other users.
- For Collaboration. You can create content, which may contain information about you, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your administrator (if applicable) select. Some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content. For example, when you comment, we display your profile picture and name next to your comments so that other users with access to the comment understand who made it. Similarly, when you join a team, your name, profile picture and contact information will be displayed in a list for other team members so they can find and interact with you. Please be aware that some content can be published or otherwise made publicly available, including information about you, can be publicly viewed and indexed by and returned in search results of search engines. You can check the settings at any time to confirm whether particular content is public or private. In addition, in connection with your posting of content, we will share your picture, full legal name, user handle, and Facebook (or other social networking site) handle (to the extent you have provided us with this information). We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who may view and use the posted information.
Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) the provision of the Services; (ii) the provision of information, products, and other services you have requested; (iii) marketing and advertising; (iv) payment and transaction processing; (v) customer service activities; and (vi) the provision of IT and related services.
Third-Party Platforms and Services. We will share your personal information with third-party platforms and/or services if you have expressly consented or requested that we do so. Please note we do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the practices or conduct of such third-party services.
Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated entities.
Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we may allow third party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party services within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.” If you prefer not to share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we have associated with you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) to enforce Duplicat’s policies and contracts; (iv) to collect amounts owed to us; (v) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer.If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
General. You may have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information.
Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information if you use our mobile application. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we do not “sell” your personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) object to or restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you are a California resident, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Duplicat for the exercise of your rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Please note that if you use our Services on behalf of an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may be responsible for fulfilling the individual rights requests referenced above.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected a child’s personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.